Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Baldivis
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
See our complete list of services below.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Baldivis with Jim’s
When it comes to service and reliability, nobody can beat Jim’s, the biggest and best known name in provision of a huge range of maintenance services, including everything from lawn mowing to window cleaning. Now we are proud to also offer our industrial, commercial and residential customers skip bin hire in Baldivis.
We will deliver your skip bin to the location you request and install it where you request. If the installation location is not private land, you must ensure you have council approval for the location. When your bin is ready for collection or when the hire period is ended, we will collect the bin for you and haul it away. If there is still time left on your hire, we’ll also replace it with an empty bin so you can continue cleaning up your site.
Is a permit needed for skip bins in Baldivis?
As long as your skip bin is located entirely on private land, you should not have any problems and no permit is required. The suburb of Baldivis is governed by Rockingham City Council, and unusually (for Australia) this council does not generally permit the parking of anything on a road verge (“nature strip”) because they consider it to be “unsightly” and “a significant road safety concern”.
So, typically it’s not possible to get a permit for a skip bin to be placed on public land in Baldivis, and if it is absolutely necessary, you will need to apply for a special exemption.
We advise that residents should make every effort to ensure there is enough space on their own private land to accommodate any skip bins required.
To skip or not to skip?
The big advantage of skip bins is they have a large capacity and it’s so easy to throw almost anything in them to be carted away. So easy, in fact, that sometimes people throw things into a skip bin that don’t belong in one. That can be dangerous and it also can get you into trouble if anyone finds out, because there are laws about how those certain things should be properly disposed of.
The things that should not be disposed of in a skip bin include:
- Batteries, and especially lead-acid batteries such as car batteries. These contain corrosives and pollutants, and there are strict council regulations over how they are meant to be disposed of.
- Medical waste, bodily remains, biological samples, etc. The rules about disposing of these things are even stricter and require adherence to special medical and biological waste disposal methods.
- Explosives, ammunition, and firearms. These items require special permission to own, store, handle, and transport.
- The vast majority of chemicals, especially those intended for industrial use.
- Metals, minerals, or similar substances that may be radioactive or toxic. Examples include mercury, magnesium, lead, cadmium, uranium, and zinc.
- Fluorescent tubes of any kind or shape. These contain toxic mercury, and this is why you must try always to avoid breaking these tubes. They should be taken personally to waste management facility and handed in. They should not disposed of in any bulk waste disposal container such as a skip bin or your household wheelie bin.
- Flammable liquids such as petroleum, turpentine, and kerosene. And on that note, also you should not attempt to burn anything inside your skip bin. This could be dangerous to you and others, will damage the bin, and you could get into trouble.
Most of these things are simply common sense, so it’s unlikely that you would dispose of these things in any way other than the correct way.
We can provide help and advice for removing and disposing of such prohibited items separately where it is legal and safe for us to do so. If we can’t legally and safely handle the items, such as if they are explosives or medical waste, then we can refer you to experts in the disposal of these items.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.