Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Kealba
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
See our complete list of services below.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Kealba with Jim’s
There is no more well known and trusted name in the home maintenances services sector than Jim’s. For over 30 years we have been plying our trade, and our business has grown to support approximately 4000 franchisees from all over Australia and even a few places beyond.
When you choose Jim’s Skip Bins to supply your skip bins, you are choosing quality and professionalism. We provide excellent value and top notch customer service, all backed by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
For more information or to reserve your bin, call us on 131-546.
Is a permit needed for skip bins in Kealba?
Kealba is governed locally by the City of Brimbank, which is notoriously strict when it comes to skip bins. You don’t need a permit if your site is not a construction site or demolition site, or if the total value of works being carried out at the site is less than $20,000.
You will need a permit in every other case, even if your skip bin is located entirely on private land. For that matter, it is not permitted anywhere in Brimbank to locate a skip bin on public land, and strict penalties apply.
If your site is a construction site or demolition site, and the works are valued at over $20,000 then you’ll need to apply for an Asset Protection Permit. There are all kinds of really strict rules that will apply and in addition to the permit fee, you’ll also need to provide a substantial security bond.
How to use a skip bin
When you hire a skip bin, there are certain rules you need to follow. This is for your safety and to ensure you are complying with the law.
First, and most important, you can’t burn anything in a skip bin. It’s a more serious crime than you may expect, certainly not a slap on the wrist kind of deal. Besides that, you will damage the bin.
Next, there are some items that are prohibited from being disposed of in any way other than the prescribed legal methods that apply to the item category. This refers to any items that could be classified as hazardous waste, such as:
- Chemicals. These aren’t safe to dispose of with general waste items and should be disposed of in accordance with EPA guidelines.
- Medical and biological waste. These items need to be isolated from general waste items and disposed of in accordance with the applicable laws for medical and biological waste.
- Batteries. These contain toxins and other potentially harmful substances and are not permitted to be disposed of in any kind of bin. They need to be taken to an appropriate battery recycling depository.
- Fluorescent tubes. Very dangerous items that contain mercury and other toxic pollutants. They must be disposed of by taking them to a recycling centre and should never be thrown out with ordinary waste.
- Toxic, reactive, and radioactive metals or minerals. These include substances such as zinc, cadmium, lead, mercury, antimony, uranium, etc. Small amounts of radioactive substances such as gallium can be found in household appliances like microwave ovens, smoke detectors and CD players.
- Explosives, firearms and ammunition. These are restricted items requiring special permits to own, store, handle, use, and transport. You definitely cannot dispose of these items in a skip bin.
If you need to dispose of any hazardous substances, contact Jim’s for advice on 131-546.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.