Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Templestowe
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
See our complete list of services below.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Templestowe with Jim’s
There are few names more widely recognized in home maintenance services for Australia than Jim’s. Starting as a lawn mowing business, Jim’s has grown to providing dozens of services. One of these new services is skip bin hire, now available in Templestowe and surrounding suburban areas from Jim’s Skip Bins.
Hiring from Jim’s Skip Bins means better choice, better value, and better service. We’re legendary for our professionalism and dedication to making sure our customer’s needs are met. Additionally our service is completely covered by Jim’s 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, so you can hire your skip bin with complete confidence when you hire from us.
There are different sizes of skip bins available to suit different requirements and budget sizes, so whatever your skip bin needs may be, you will find the solution at Jim’s Skip Bins.
We will deliver your skip bin and install it promptly, and also pick it up when it is ready to be emptied. We’ll take care of all the disposal for you, so there is no easier way to remove unwanted rubbish from your home than with a skip bin from Jim’s Skip Bins.
Is a permit required for skip bins in Templestowe?
Templestowe is part of the City of Manningham. As with many municipal councils in Victoria, this council is responsible for more than just one area. This council is somewhat unusual because it does not have a specific policy on skip bin permits, instead lumping skip bins into a general permit that is intended to cover anything that takes place on public land that might inconvenience the public.
Fortunately if you can manage to ensure the skip bin is entirely located on your own private land, you will not need to get a permit. It’s definitely best to attempt to make this happen if you possibly can, as it make things much simpler and also save you from having to pay the permit fee, which in this local council area are especially steep ($120 for a single use permit).
Ironically the lack of a distinct skip bin policy makes it more difficult for residents to know what the requirements are. We can help ensure that if you do need a permit, everything goes smoothly. All you need to do is contact us on 131-546 and we can get the process started for you.
Using skip bins safely and legally
It’s important to understand that there are certain items that should not be disposed of in a skip bin, or even in your ordinary household waste. Some examples of things you can’t dispose of in a skip bin include:
- Asbestos. This stuff is really dangerous and you should avoid having any contact with it. If you have an asbestos problem, the only way to deal with it is to seek help from a licensed asbestos remover.
- Batteries. This includes any kind of batteries, not just obvious ones like car batteries. All batteries are supposed to be taken to approved collection sites or recycling centres.
- Electronic appliances and electrical appliances. These also are supposed to be recycled and can’t be disposed of by placing in a skip bin or in your household waste. The City of Manningham has a process for collecting these items. You contact the council and ask them to come and collect the items. These collections are by appointment only, and you can only book them twice per year.
- Chemicals. These can be dangerous and also can cause pollution, so there are restrictions on how to dispose of them.
- Oil, grease, paint, solvents, etc. As for chemicals.
- Flammable liquids, flammable gases, and solid combustible fuels. For obvious reasons, you can’t dispose of these in your skip bin or household waste. You need to have them taken to an appropriate disposal facility.
- Fluorescent tubes. Very dangerous items that must be taken to a collection point or recycling centre.
- Firearms, explosives, and ammunition. These can’t be disposed of in a skip bin because they are restricted items that require a permit to possess. These should normally be handed in at a police station, or if they are unsafe to move, you should contact the police to assist you.
- Knives, swords, spears, martial arts weapons, tasers, etc. These could also be prohibited items or require a permit to possess, so you should not dispose of them in a skip bin.
- Toxic or reactive metals. Some metals such as zinc are toxic, while others such as potassium and magnesium are highly reactive and can cause fires or explosions. For obvious reasons they can’t legally be disposed of in a skip bin.
- Medical or biological waste. The risk of infection or poisoning makes the transport of this kind of waste subject to special restrictions.
There could be other items as well, so if you have any doubts about items you want to dispose of, it is best to call Jim’s Skip Bins for advice on 131-546.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.