Skip Bins Richmond
For a reliable Skip Bin service you can trust to be the most professional, convenient and cost-effective, you can’t go past Jim’s Skip Bins in the Western Suburbs.
We’re a small business backed by a big business so you get small business service – as well as big business equipment and prices! Our Skip Bin hire, rental and removal services are 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you know when you call on us for your free no-obligation quote, we’ll look after you the way you should be.
Perhaps you’re having a cleanup around your home or office, have done some renovations, or a big landscaping job? Our Skip Bins are suitable for use by residential hosueholds, construction companies, businesses and industries – our world-famous service applies for each and every customer.
It’s so easy to book online or over the phone, and unlike our competitors, we’re flexible with timings so you’re not locked in to any tight deadlines. Once we deliver your Skip Bin to your nominated address at your nominated time, you can keep it for as long as you need, until it is filled – so you only pay for the time you use it for.
We have a large range of sizes and capacities which will suit the needs of any client, large or small – ranging from a smaller 2 cubic metre Skip, right up to 8 cubic metres with a handy access door for your convenience. All skips are delivered fully cleaned, well-maintained and in great condition – guaranteed.
Jim’s Skip Bins in the Western Suburbs don’t just deliver great Skip Bin services! We will also remove your old mattresses or tyres. We’re professionals dedicated to exceeding the needs of our clients. We’re fully insured and Police Check certified and proud to certify all services offered for your complete satisfaction.
For value and flexibility, you can’t beat Jim’s Skip Bins in the Western Suburbs! Give us a call today and find out why we’re Australia’s most trusted Skip Bin service!
WHAT CAN I PUT IN MY SKIP?
More and more Australians are using skip bins to dispose of their household waste that comes from renovations, building and other home projects. However, we’ve found that many people simply don’t know what they can and cannot put into their bins. Most people simply think that they can throw all types of waste into their skip bins and then the company will then simply take it off their hands.
However, if you are hiring skip bins in Richmond or other parts of Australia, there are some things you should consider first:
- By law, there are certain kinds of waste that you are not allowed to put in your skip
- By separating your waste properly, you could actually save yourself money
These are some of the most common questions that we get from our clients:
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED TO GO INTO MY SKIP?
While laws on the waste allowed to go into a skip vary for different councils, the general laws that apply in most states forbid the following from being put into a skip bin:
- Human or animal excrement: human and animal waste is toxic in a landfill and hazardous for our staff that are dealing with and sorting the waste on a daily basis
- Hazardous liquids: Even if they are in new, completely sealed container – hazardous liquids like paint, poisons and chemicals are prohibited
- Do not but batteries or asbestos in your skip
- Tyres: Your vehicle tyres are incredibly hard to process and it is safer and more environmentally friendly to take them to legitimate tyre recycling companies
What about my household electrical goods?
One of the most common questions we get at Jim’s Skip Bins is whether household appliances like fridges, washing machines, microwaves and pretty much everything else can be put into a skip. Well, you can indeed put these in your skip as long as fridges and freezers are properly de-gassed and the lids and doors are removed from the appliances.
However, we don’t advise that you use your skip for these household appliances as they take up a lot of room in your skip and it is a more environmentally friendly option to take your appliances to a professional recycler.
SO, WHAT CAN GO IN MY SKIP?
- General household waste like boxes, wood, clothes and cabinets
- Bricks, concrete and general waste
- Dirt, soil and sand
- Organic waste like grass, branches, woodchips, bark and wooden fencing
What are the penalties if prohibited items are found in my skip?
It’s really important that you avoid putting prohibited waste into your skip bin as there are repercussions for those that don’t follow the law:
- The load will be returned to your home and you will have to sort through it yourself and remove the prohibited items
- If there are hazardous materials in your skip, the chances are that we would have to hire professionals to help us deal with it. Hiring these kinds of professionals isn’t particularly cheap and you would have to cover the costs involved in transportation and hire
If you are unsure about what you can put in and what you need to keep out of your skip bin, then simply get in touch and we can give you professional advice. If you have any other questions about our skip bin hire in Richmond services, then please feel free to give us a call – we can’t wait to hear from you.