Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Delahey
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
See our complete list of services below.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Delahey with Jim’s
For more than 30 years, Jim’s has been the most well known and trusted name in home maintenance services in Australia. We are now offering skip bin hire service in Delahey and surrounding areas.
You will find the same high quality and professionalism from Jim’s Skip Bins that you have experienced with other Jim’s services. You’ll also be getting genuine value prices and the famous 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
When you need a skip bin, call Jim’s Skip Bins on 131-546.
Is a permit needed for skip bins in Delahey?
Delahey is locally governed by the Brimbank City Council. Brimbank has strict rules about skip bin placement and does not allow the placement of skip bins on public land. This means your skip bin must be located entirely on privately owned land.
If the skip bin is located on what could be regarded as a construction site or demolition site, and the cost of works is $20,000 or more, you will need an Asset Protection Permit, even if the skip bin is located entirely on privately owned land.
Provided that there is no risk of your site being designated as a construction or demolition site, you should not need a permit. But you still do need to be careful to ensure your skip bin can be accommodated entirely on private land. No nature strip parking in the City of Brimbank. The council threatens fines of up to $1000 per day for non-compliance.
How to avoid problems when hiring a skip bin
The first thing to know is that skip bins are always in high demand, so it’s important to reserve your bin well in advance of the date you will need it. You won’t want to miss out on the skip bin of your dreams just because you forgot to book it.
You also need to be aware that it is absolutely forbidden to burn anything in a skip bin. Skip bins are not incinerators and should not be used for that purpose. Starting a fire in a bin creates serious risk to the community and it will also damage the bin.
It’s also not permitted to dispose of hazardous waste in a skip bin, except where the necessary legal safety precautions have been observed. This includes the isolation of hazardous waste from any other kind of waste, placement of the hazardous waste in proscribed containers, informing the waste removalist of the nature of the load, and so on.
Examples of things you can’t normally dispose of in a skip bin include:
- Batteries. These contain harmful toxic substances, can start fires, explode, emit flammable gas, and may contain corrosive liquids. For all these reasons, it is not allowed to dispose of batteries in a skip bin or regular household wheelie bin. They must be taken to a recycling facility and not mixed with other categories of waste.
- Flammable liquids such as petroleum, kerosene, or turpentine. These are dangerous substances that must be stored in appropriate containers. If they are to be disposed of, they need to be disposed of in compliance with the EPA guidelines. Even the empty containers that once held these substances can’t be legally thrown out as ordinary waste.
- Chemicals. These are substances that can react with each other or with the environment. They need special handling and should not be disposed of in a skip bin.
- Toxic, reactive, and radioactive metals or minerals. These are dangerous items that can harm people, animals and the environment. You might be surprised just how many seemingly ordinary things could be included in this category. Smoke detectors, microwave ovens, and CD players all contain these materials. It also includes substances such as zinc, antimony, lead, arsenic, mercury, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes of any kind. These are one of the most dangerous items to be found in any household due to the presence of mercury contained within them. This is benign as long as the tube is not broken or otherwise opened.
- Firearms, ammunition, and explosives. You definitely can’t dispose of any of these things in a skip bin. A permit is required to own, store, handle, use, or transport these items.
If you have items on this list to dispose of, Jim’s can help. We will either isolate and remove the items separately, or refer you to authorities that specialize in the removal of items in the category to which your items belong. The correct approach depends on the legal and safety requirements with regard to the items. For more information, contact Jim’s Skip Bins on 131-546.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.