Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Smithfield
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Smithfield with Jim’s
For over 30 years, Jim’s has been providing a diverse range of high quality home maintenance services throughout Australia. In that time, our brand has established a reputation for excellence in everything we do, and now we are proud to offer skip bin hire in Smithfield and surrounding suburbs from Jim’s Skip Bins.
We provide the same exceptional service and quality that you have come to expect from a Jim’s business, and of course it is all backed up by Jim’s famous 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
When you want the reassurance that comes from the power of a big business and the friendly personal service of a small business, Jim’s is the perfect answer. Our network of independent franchise businesses is enormous, but every franchise is locally owned and managed. You’ll always get the best value, service, and freedom from worry when you choose Jim’s.
Are permits required for skip bins in Smithfield?
The local council policy is that you won’t need a permit if you can locate your skip bin entirely within the boundary of your own property. It’s important to be aware the “within the boundary” means exactly that. The portion of your driveway that crosses the sidewalk, plus the road verge or nature strip, are counted as “public land” even though technically you’re responsible for maintaining them.
If the skip bin can’t be placed within the boundary of your property, then you will need to get a permit.
How to use a skip bin properly
Skip bins are very convenient and easy to use. You can dispose of almost anything in them, but there are some things that should never be placed in a skip bin. Here are a few of them:
- Explosives, firearms, and ammunition. These require special permission to handle, store, own, or transport. There is no question that it is illegal to dispose of these items in a skip bin, and very dangerous, too.
- Medical waste or biological waste. You can’t dispose of these items in a skip bin unless it is in compliance with the applicable laws covering disposal of medical and biological waste.
- Most types of chemicals, especially if they are intended for industrial use. Examples include chlorine, acids of any kind, sodium hydroxide, etc.
- Batteries and fluorescent tubes. These items contain harmful toxins, in addition to possibly containing corrosive or explosive substances. These are not supposed to be disposed of in household or commercial waste, and should be taken to a recycling centre.
- Reactive, toxic and/or radioactive metals and minerals. Examples include zinc, cadmium, lead, arsenic, antimony, uranium, plutonium, etc.
- Flammable liquids such as petroleum, kerosene, turpentine, etc.
You can throw most kinds of things into a skip bin (other than those listed above) without any kind of container or wrapping required, with the exception of wet substances (food, liquids), and anything that might be considered offensive if it can be seen by passers-by.
Finally, you should never try to burn anything in your skip bin. Sometimes people do things like this, and it can lead to very serious trouble. Not only can this action cause damage to the bin, but it also creates health risks and fire risks, in addition to being illegal.
If you need to remove items that are in the “prohibited list” above, Jim’s can still help by removing the items separately (if safe and possible), or by referring you to specialists in the handling of the particular category of waste that needs to be removed. Call us on 131-546 if you have any questions or concerns. We are always happy to help.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.