Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Lismore
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
Jim’s Skip Bins in Lismore– Solving Your Waste Management and Disposal Needs
Getting rid of waste, whether it be from a house clearout, hazardous waste arising from production, old stock or machinery or even just the debris from gardening and landscaping, can prove the tough task. As if clearing out waste isn’t time consuming and a hassle itself, getting it off the premises and disposed of in a safe and compliant manager adds another challenging layer.
That’s where Jim’s Skip Bins comes in. As the leading provider of skip bin hire in Lismore, we take the hassle out of waste management and disposal, while saving you time and money too. With more than 10 different skip bin sizes available for hire, there are no waste disposal requirements too large or too small for our skip bins.
All you need to do is call us and agree a hire, then we can drop it on site at a time and day that suits you and come pick it up when you’re ready. We take of disposing of the waste within the skip – all you literally need to do is fill it!
What can you put in a skip bin?
The range of waste that you can dispose of in a skip bin is extensive. Standard domestic and business waste to gardening debris to old furniture and more can all be put in the skip for us to take away. There are, however, certain materials and items that you cannot put in a skip bin.
- TVs and computer monitors
- Medical and Hazardous Waste
- Gas cylinders
- Paint tins
Should you need to dispose of the above or any hazardous materials, do discuss your needs with our team before your hire. In some cases, we can provide separate skip bins to dispose of hazardous and other materials.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Lismore with Jim’s
If you want a hassle-free skip bin hiring experience (and why wouldn’t you?), the easiest and most convenient way is to hire your skip bin in Lismore from Jim’s Skip Bins. We’re the biggest name for home maintenance services in Australia, and that means you can have confidence in us for providing quality and value.
Is a permit needed for skip bins in Lismore?
The City of Lismore is governed locally by Lismore City Council. This is one of the easiest city councils in Australia to deal with, and they even provide a live chat service via their website. You will only need to seek council approval if your skip bin needs to be placed on public land. If you can manage to locate your skip bin entirely on your own property, there will be no need for a formal process.
If you do need to use public land for your skip bin, don’t worry because we can help. It is usually a simple process and the only important thing is that if you will need to get approval for placing your skip bin on public land in Lismore, you’ll need to contact us well in advance of the date you’ll be needing your skip bin delivered.
Some things don’t belong in skip bins
Skip bins are a very convenient way to dispose of many different kinds of unwanted items, but there are some things you’re not supposed to place in a skip bin, including:
- Batteries. It doesn’t matter if they’re great big car batteries or tiny little hearing aid batteries, you’re not allowed to dispose of them in our ordinary household waste or in a skip bin either. They contain harmful toxins and may also contain corrosives. Batteries can only be disposed of at approved council collection points.
- Fluorescent tubes or similar items. Broken fluorescent tubes can release mercury vapour, which is extremely toxic and can cause brain damage and possibly death. You should avoid breaking these tubes if you possibly can. If you do accidentally break a tube, here are instructions for what to do. In Lismore you must take the intact or broken fluorescent tubes to an authorised council recycling collection centre for disposal.
- Explosives, ammunition, and firearms. Quite obviously anything that requires a police permit to even have in your possession can’t be just thrown out in the bin. If a member of the public retrieves such items from a bin and uses them to commit a crime, you may be found liable, and in any case you will be prosecuted for improperly disposing of the items.
- Human or animal remains, including amputated body parts. These are considered to be a biological hazard and can’t be simply thrown away in the bin. Meat is a different matter, but if you throw out meat, you should be aware it can attract wildlife, stray animals, vermin, and insects to your home. If the meat is allowed to sit for more than an hour or two, it will begin stinking. Eventually a smell of death and decay will overtake the air around your home. Disposing of meat in a skip bin isn’t illegal, it’s just a really bad idea and there are better ways to get rid of it.
- Infectious substances. Biological waste needs to be disposed of in accordance with special rules. You can’t just throw these kinds of items away in a general purpose skip bin.
- Flammable liquids such as petroleum, or even alcohol.
- Chemicals. These may be toxic, corrosive, or reactive, and that makes them dangerous.
We can still help with arranging for the removal of such items, but do not place them in your skip bin. If you go ahead and do it anyway, you could be fined by the council, fined by the EPA (which is way worse), criminally prosecuted, and/or we may have to recover costs for any special decontamination required as a result of items being improperly disposed of.
How much will skip bin hire cost?
This is the age old question – and the one that’s certainly asked the most frequently. The cost of hiring a skip bin will vary significantly depending on a number of key factors – the size of the bin, the length of the timeframe you need it for, whether you need to dispose of specialist waste and of course, the provider themselves.
Costs can vary significantly from provider to provider and it’s important to be aware that some things you may consider a given for a skip bin hire service – like the collection and delivery of the bin to your door, or the disposal of the waste within, may actually be charged as extras. Likewise, any additional hours or days outside of the original booking timeframe may be charged at a higher penalty rate.
At Jim’s Skip Bins, we keep things simple, providing full all-inclusive quote – no hidden extras, no nasty surprises and best of all, no tying into flat rate timeframes that you simply don’t need. You only pay for however long you actually have the skip for and the delivery and collection of the bin, including the disposal of your waste.
Get a free, no obligation quote from the leading provider of skip bins Lismore wide today. Complete our online quote form or call the Jim’s Skip Bins team on 13154 to get your free quote within minutes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.