Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Glenroy
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Glenroy with Jim’s
Hiring a skip bin shouldn’t be a hassle, and you won’t find an easier way than to hire your skip bin from Jim’s. We are the famous brand for all kinds of maintenance services, and now you can hire skip bins in Glenroy from Jim’s as well. There are plenty of good reasons to do so, such as our 100% satisfaction guarantee, fantastic customer service, and genuine value pricing.
Is a permit needed for skip bins in Glenroy
Glenroy (NSW) is locally governed by the Albury City Council, which is notable for very strict rules regarding waste management and recycling compared to many other municipal council offices in New South Wales.
One of the more surprising things, however, is that Albury City Council does not have the distinct licensing system that councils in many Sydney suburbs do have. Instead, there’s just a simple approval system that applies to many types of industrial equipment (including skip bins) for “commercial use on public land”.
You don’t have to be using it commercially to require the approval, but as the name suggests, it does need to be on public land for the rule to apply.
If you can manage to keep your skip bin entirely within the boundaries of your private property, there is no need for any permit or council approval. Be aware that private land does not include the road verge (“nature strip”) or the portion of your driveway between the gateway and the road.
Some things don’t belong in skip bins
Skip bins are a great way to dispose of almost anything, but “almost” is a big word. There are a few things you would be better off not throwing in a skip bin, and it can even be illegal to dispose of certain items in a skip bin.
- Car batteries, motorcycle batteries, and lithium batteries should never be disposed of in a skip bin because they can contain highly toxic or corrosive substances that can be dangerous to people, animals, and the environment. Albury City Council has a battery recycling system, and it is free to turn these items in at the Albury Recycling Centre. Ordinary dry cell batteries can also be recycled.
- Items containing mercury, such as fluorescent tubes and some dry cell batteries, should never be disposed of in any kind of bin under any circumstances. Broken fluorescent tubes can release mercury vapour, which is extremely toxic and can cause brain damage and possibly death.
- Explosives, ammunition, and firearms. These things are restricted items that must be disposed of in accordance with the relevant state and federal laws that apply to them (which certainly does not include disposal in a skip bin).
- Human or animal remains, including amputated body parts. Again, such things need to be disposed of in accordance with relevant laws.
- Infectious substances. Bio-organic waste such as blood, faecal matter, saliva, mucus, phlegm, bacteria samples and virus samples should be placed in appropriate biohazard bags or containers and disposed of properly in accordance with the relevant laws.
- Flammable liquids such as petroleum, kerosene, etc.
- Many types of chemicals, whether as liquids, solids, or gasses. Examples include phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, ammonia, etc.
We can still help with arranging for the removal of such items but do not place them in your skip bin.
You can rely on Jim’s
Jim’s has been in business for over 30 years, and now has approximately 4000 franchisees operating under the well-known brand label. Each time a new franchise is established, the reputation behind that label is on the line, so we are careful to select only those who show very good aptitude and professionalism.
It’s the best form of quality assurance because professionalism is extremely important when it comes to the provision of maintenance services. You can rely on us to provide consistent performance and customer service every time.
When you need a skip bin, call Jim’s Skip Bins on 131-546.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.