Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Blairgowrie
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Blairgowrie with Jim’s
The biggest name in home maintenance services in Australia – Jim’s – now offers skip bin hire in Blairgowrie and other nearby areas on the Mornington Peninsula. Hiring from us is easy and convenient, plus you’ll be getting the value and customer service Jim’s is famous for.
If you’re tempted to think it doesn’t matter where you get your skip bin from because “it’s only a bin”, think again. It really does matter quite a lot. When you hire from Jim’s you can be sure of the following:
- You will get an excellent quality skip bin delivered in good condition, and which has been hygienically cleaned between hires.
- Expert handling in delivery, unloading, positioning, pick up and removal.
- Prompt delivery, arriving on time, every time.
- A genuine value price.
- Outstanding customer service across all levels of our business.
- Jim’s famous 100% satisfaction guarantee.
There are so many great reasons to choose Jim’s as your skip bin hire supplier, and you can do that right now by calling 131-546.
Are permits needed for skip bins in Blairgowrie?
Blairgowrie is governed locally by the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council. This council is much more open and easy with regard to skip bin placement than many other councils around Australia, so although permits can be required, it’s not a complicated process at all.
First, you don’t need a permit if you can locate the skip bin entirely on your own privately owned land (this is the ideal option if it can be done). No permits required whatsoever in this case, and no restrictions, provided your skip bin doesn’t start creating problems for the community (which can be avoided simply by having your bin collected and replaced often if it is a long term placement).
Jim’s is an accredited waste management supplier, which means that we have a special permit for the placement of skip bins on public land in this shire. We can take care of the council approval process for you, but it’s important to book your service in advance so we can make all the necessary preparations.
Using skip bins responsibly
Skip bins are an excellent way to get rid of any unwanted things or waste items around the place, but there are some things you can’t throw away by just chucking them in a bin. There are laws restricting the disposal of certain types of items, which must be disposed of via approved methods, which may vary according to the item category. Some examples of things you should not throw away in a skip bin include:
- Batteries, and especially car batteries, because these contain toxic substances that can be harmful to people, animals, and the environment. If you are caught disposing of batteries improperly, the fine for an individual can be up to $1m plus 7.5 years imprisonment. The maximum financial penalty for corporations is five times higher.
- Chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, bleach, sodium hydroxide, etc. These are also potentially harmful substances and in some cases, they can combine to form toxic gas or explosions, so it’s definitely not okay to dispose of chemicals in the bin.
- Explosives, firearms, and ammunition. These are heavily restricted items requiring special permission to own, handle, store, and transport. You should contact Victoria Police for information regarding the safe disposal of any unwanted explosives, firearms, or ammunition you may have.
- Medical and biological waste. These items require special handling, and can’t just be thrown out along with other waste products. In general, medical waste must be removed by a licensed waste transporter (which Jim’s is), and the waste must be disposed of in accordance with the Environment Protection Act 1993. However, there must be a clear separation of medical waste and other waste. You can’t mix types.
- Flammable liquids and volatile solids. These are too dangerous to dispose of by placing in a bin. They need to be disposed of by approved methods.
- Toxic, reactive or radioactive metals such as zinc, cadmium, lead, mercury, uranium, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes. These are very dangerous if they break, and should not be disposed of in any kind of bin.
You should also not try to burn anything in your skip bin. That can be very dangerous and it can also damage the bin. So don’t do that.
If you need to dispose of things that are on the “prohibited list” described above, don’t worry. Jim’s is here to help. We can either help to arrange for the separate disposal of the items, or we can provide a referral to the relevant authorities for the type of item that you need to dispose of. Call us on 131-546 for more information.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.