Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Albion Park
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Albion Park with Jim’s
Jim’s is the biggest name in household maintenance services in Australia. When you arrange your skip bin hire in Albion Park and surrounding areas with us, you can be sure you are getting the best quality, value, and service.
We take pride in providing a superior skip bin hire service, and of course the famous Jim’s money back guarantee applies to this and every other Jim’s service. That means you can hire with complete confidence, and you’ll know you’re dealing with a company that has been going strong for over 30 years.
Is a permit needed for skip bins in Albion Park?
Albion Park is governed locally by the City of Shellharbour. It’s surprising such a large and wealthy council doesn’t have clear guidance for the public on its skip bin policy. In general, you need not worry about obtaining council approval if the skip bin can be located entirely within the boundaries of your own private property.
It is only when your skip bin needs to be placed on public land that you’ll need to make a formal application for permission. In this case, the council authorities need to be satisfied that the proposed placement will be safe and won’t cause undue problems to the public.
An application fee needs to be paid, and the process can take a few days to be completed. Jim’s can help in the case that you need to obtain council approval. Due to the time it takes and the fees involved, you should be sure to contact us well in advance of the date that you’ll need the skip bin delivered to your Albion Park property.
To skip or not to skip?
Skip bins are an ideal way to deal with a situation where you have a large amount of waste to dispose of, and where it wouldn’t be practical to dispose of it via your council’s ordinary household waste collection service. The large capacity of the bins means you can throw away a lot of unwanted stuff. There are, however, some items you are not supposed to put in a skip bin, for example:
- Batteries. All batteries, regardless of size and type, are not allowed to be disposed of in any way other than taking them to a council waste collection facility and turning them in. You can’t put them in your wheelie bin, and you can’t put them in a skip bin either. Unsealed car batteries are especially difficult and dangerous to dispose of, due to their acid content and lead content, plus their potential to create flammable hydrogen gas.
- Medical waste, biological samples, bodily remains, etc. These things require special permits for disposal, and these permits are not issued by the local council. You’ll be dealing with state and federal government departments to get the necessary permissions. Normally they need to be transported in secure sealed transport and burned at approved biowaste burning facilities. The rules are very strict and there are heavy penalties for violating them.
- Explosives, ammunition, and firearms. You need a permit to even possess these items, and you certainly can’t simply throw them in the bin when you don’t want them any more. If somebody managed to retrieve these items from your skip bin, you could be held liable for any damage caused, and also could face criminal prosecution.
- Most types of chemicals, especially industrial chemicals. Some chemicals are toxic and most are reactive. Many are also classed as pollutants. You’re not allowed to simply throw them away. You need to take them to a collection centre for disposal.
- Fluorescent tubes. It really is amazing that products containing deadly neurotoxins wrapped in fragile glass were ever approved for general household use, especially when less expensive, more energy efficient, and safer options such as LED lighting are available. If you break a fluorescent tube, the contents of it are very harmful, and can even kill you. It’s especially dangerous to children and the elderly, but bad news for anyone.
- Flammable liquids such as petroleum. Obviously you shouldn’t throw out things that might start a fire or cause an explosion. You also should not burn anything in your skip bin, because it will damage the bin, create a fire hazard, and most likely violate all kinds of local and state government rules.
Really the list of things is just common sense. If something is very likely to cause harm to people, animals, or the environment, you shouldn’t throw it out as trash.
We can provide help and advice for removing and disposing of any prohibited or restricted items separately where it is legal and safe for us to do so. If we can’t legally and safely handle the items, such as if they are explosives or medical waste, then we can refer you to experts in the disposal of these items.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.