Call 131546

Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.

Skip Bin Hire in Mona Vale

We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.

For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.

No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.

See our complete list of services below.

Arrange your skip bin hire in Mona Vale with Jim’s

The Jim’s franchise network which began in the 1980s in Australia and is still going strong today is a well-known and respected brand in home maintenance services. Among the many services offered by Jim’s, you can now hire skip bins in Mona Vale from Jim’s Skip Bins.

We provide our customers with the best value deals on skip bins, with good prices, excellent service, and the reassurance of Jim’s 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.

You can depend on us to deliver the best quality. We sanitize bins between hires, for example, to make sure your bin is clean and fresh when it arrives. We deliver bins on time, and we install them according to your requirements. When the bin is ready for collection, we’ll take care of everything for you, including the disposal of the contents.

To find out more, just call us on 131-546.

Are permits needed for skip bins in Mona Vale?

Mona Vale is governed locally by the Northern Beaches City Council. This council is very straightforward and easy to deal with when it comes to skip bins permits.

You won’t need a permit if your skip bin can be located entirely within the boundary or your own private property. If you can manage it, this is the best option, because it’s the easiest and least expensive.

If you’re unable to make room on your property for the skip bin, you’ll need to apply for a permit. The fee for the Northern Beaches area is very high compared to most other areas of Australia, with a fee of $189 for the first 7 days and $176 for every subsequent consecutive 7 days.

One of the good things is that this council does process applications much faster than most other councils. Some would require two weeks or more, but the Northern Beaches City Council processes skip bin permit applications in just 48 hours (unless you submit the application on a Friday, in which case it will take quite a bit more time).

You must always ensure your permit is received before the skip bin is delivered, or the council might charge you a “late fee” or $874 in addition to the ordinary permit fee. The same could apply if you accidentally forget to renew your permit if you have it in place for more than 7 days.

When you apply for a permit, you need to provide a detailed sketch of the proposed location. Your skip bin must also comply with safety and insurance regulations, but this won’t be a problem if you hire from Jim’s Skip Bins because we’re proactive in ensuring our service meets or exceeds the requirements for every local council in Australia.

Using skip bins responsibly

Skip bins are a very convenient way to dispose of unwanted things, but there are some things you are not allowed to dispose of in a skip bin. Be careful not to place any of the following items in a skip bin, because you could face heavy penalties if you do:

  • Asbestos. It’s way too dangerous to handle it yourself, and it will also endanger the community. This substance should always be disposed of by licensed asbestos removers.
  • Batteries of any kind. They contain toxins and can start fires.
  • Chemicals. You need to take them to a proper collection point, you can’t just throw them in the bin.
  • Weapons, explosives, firearms, and ammunition. These items require a special permit to possess, so you can’t simply throw them away. If you somehow have these on your property unintentionally, such as discovering them as part of a deceased estate, you should contact the police or a lawyer for advice.
  • Medical and biological waste. These items need to be disposed of in a specially proscribed way, and according to strict regulations. It’s definitely not enough to just put them in a bin.
  • Flammable liquids and volatile solids.  Due to the fire risk these can’t safely be disposed of in a skip bin. You’ll need to take them to a collection point.
  • Toxic, reactive or radioactive metals. There are some minerals and metals that create a health risk. Zinc, for example, is very toxic, and mercury is even worse. Potassium and magnesium are highly reactive and can create fires or explosions when exposed to water or even sometimes just to damp air.
  • Fluorescent tubes. One of the most dangerous items in any household, they contain mercury.
  • Plasterboard. This stuff always has to be recycled. It’s amazing how many people don’t know that.

If you need to dispose of things that are on the list of prohibited items, we can help. When it’s not possible for us to directly dispose of items due to legal reasons, we will refer you to the appropriate authorities to take care of the disposal for you. Call us on 131-546 for more information.

Subscribe to our Newsletter.

Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.

want to be part of jim’s family?

We have a passion for customer service, and for this we need the best people. Our selection system rejects hundreds of potential Franchisees per year. We look for people with high standards who take pride in their work.

Since 1989
Save Time
Ongoing support
Training Seminars
Enjoy A Better Life!
Google Rating
Based on 605 reviews