Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Liverpool
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
Arrange your skip bin hire in Liverpool with Jim’s
If you need a skip bin in the Liverpool area of Sydney, the best place to hire your bin is Jim’s Skip Bins. We are part of the famous Jim’s franchise network that has been operating continuously in Australia since the 1980s. In that time we have grown from our original roots as a lawn mowing service to providing all kinds of home maintenance services. Now we have skip bins and you have the opportunity to hire them.
There are many reasons why it’s a good idea to hire from Jim’s. We have great service, genuine value, and the reassurance provided by Jim’s 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Our friendly staff are ready to help with any advice or assistance you need, and all you need to do is call us on 131-546 to get started.
Do you need a permit for skip bins in Liverpool?
The good news is that if you can manage to ensure your skip bin is located entirely inside the boundary of your own private property, you will not need a permit in the Liverpool area.
Sometimes, however, it can be quite difficult to make room for a skip bin, especially in high density urban housing areas. If you really must have your bin at the roadside, you’ll need a permit.
Permits are granted subject to an approval process and payment of a non-refundable fee. It’s rare for permits to be refused, except in cases where the public would be clearly endangered. In any case, Jim’s is here to help, and we’ll do everything possible to help you avoid any problems with the permit process.
To skip or not to skip?
There’s a lot to love about skip bins as a simple and convenient way to dispose of unwanted items, but there are certain things that are not meant to be disposed of in a skip bin. Some of them can even get you into some trouble if you dispose of them incorrectly. A partial list of prohibited items includes:
- Asbestos. This is very dangerous stuff and you should avoid even getting near it. If you’re aware of asbestos on your property, you should get it removed by licensed asbestos removers.
- Chemicals. Most chemicals are toxic and can be pollutants, and some are even highly reactive, so it’s not permitted to dispose of them in skip bins or household waste.
- Batteries. You’re not allowed to dispose of any kind of batteries in skip bins or ordinary household waste. They’re supposed to be dropped off at collection points or recycling centres. You can also drop these off at the Rose Street Council Depot on Household Chemical Clean-Out Day.
- Fluorescent tubes. These contain very toxic substances and can’t be disposed of in your normal household waste or in skip bins. You can only take them to a proper collection point or recycling centre.
- Oil, paint, solvent, etc. These are all potential sources of pollution and can harm people, animals, and plants.
- Toxic substances, medicines, and certain types of metals and minerals. Because of their toxic potential or potential reactivity, these items can’t be disposed of in a skip bin.
- Firearms, explosives, and ammunition. These are restricted items that require permits to possess. You obviously can’t simply throw them away. If you have such unwanted items it is best to take them to the police. If the items are unsafe to move or disturb, you should contact the police for assistance.
Fortunately the Liverpool City Council has an annual “Household Chemical Clean-Out” day, where you can get rid of your unwanted chemicals (and many other things on the list) for free at the Rose Street Council Depot.
The full list of items accepted at the Depot on Chemical Clean-Out Day includes paint, paint thinner, varnish, turpentine, pesticides, fungicides, wood preservatives, solvents, household cleaning chemicals, motor oil, fuels, batteries, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, pool chemicals, acids, alkalis, “hobby chemicals” (such as those used in photograph development), and fluorescent tubes.
Choosing Reliable Skip Bins Hire in Liverpool
Waste is something that people generally just want to get rid of and, once it’s gone, it’s no longer a concern. In these environmentally aware times, however, we should be concerned that the waste we dispose of is treated properly.
Some skip bin companies are much cheaper than others, and it should be fairly obvious there are reasons for this. These reasons generally involve cutting corners and disposing of waste in an irresponsible manner that is often harmful to the environment.
Environmental and Responsible Disposal of Waste in Liverpool
When you hire skip bins in Liverpool from Jim’s Skip Bins, you can be sure that any waste you put in them will be disposed of properly. With an increased emphasis on caring for the environment, waste in bins no longer goes automatically to landfill. Instead, any that is known to include recyclable materials will be sorted at our waste transfer stations.
After removing bulky items, the rest is screened so that different types of recyclable materials can be processed separately and only a small proportion may go to landfill. Materials that can be recycled are processed and used in a number of ways, including:
- shredding hedge cuttings and other garden waste then mixing with other biodegradable materials to eventually form compost that can be used to improve soil texture
- shredding old wood to be used as bio fuel or to turn into chipboard for the furniture industry
- reclamation of metal to be melted down and re-used
- screening soil to remove stones and other unwanted items so it can be used in landscaping schemes
- crushing brick, concrete and similar materials to be used as hardcore on building projects
- removing metal from electrical and electronic equipment for recycling.
Certain materials cannot be processed in the same way, particularly hazardous materials such as asbestos and toxic chemicals. However, unlike many skip hire companies, we can process these items in a safe and responsible manner providing we are made fully aware of their presence.
Why Proper Processing is Necessary
It is well known that plastic will take many years to decompose while other items pose similar problems if they go to landfill. Additionally, landfill sites are dirty, smelly and unpleasant places that make land unusable for other purposes. Consequently, there is a realisation that landfill must be avoided where possible and so governments are imposing penalties to discourage their use together with providing incentives for recycling.
It’s obvious from this that using cheap skip bins in Liverpool is not the answer, but a more responsible approach is needed. At Jim’s Skip Bins, we provide a service that is competitively priced but at the same time processes waste in a responsible manner. We are fully aware of our responsibilities to the environment as well as to our customers.
Our aim is to re-use or recycle as much waste material as possible to minimise the use of landfill and so reduce emissions and contamination. That protects people and animals as well as preserving natural resources by reducing their use. By choosing our company, you’re getting an efficient and cost-effective service as well as one that protects the environment.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.