Our Call Center is ready to help with all your enquiries 7 days a week.
Skip Bin Hire in Bourkelands
We have a huge range of waste containers available for short and long term hire.
We offer 2 metre, 3 metre 4 metre, 6 metre, 8 metre rubbish bins and car waste removal in some areas.
For over 17 years Jim’s waste removal franchises have developed a reputation second to none.
Our franchise is governed by the Jim’s Group 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensures that you are fully satisfied with our service.
No matter how big or how small we have bins for hire to suit your needs like the mini bins.
Call us today or “book a bin” today and remove that unwanted rubbish and waste from your home or business.
See our complete list of services below.
Book your skip bin hire in Bourkelands with Jim’s
Jim’s has been a well known name in home maintenance services in Australia for almost 40 years. Running a successful service business for so long isn’t possible without doing everything right, which is why you can trust Jim’s to always give you exceptional value and service.
Beginning in the 1980s as a lawn mowing service, Jims has been continually growing and expanding. We now cover almost every populated region of Australia, and our range of services has expanded to meet dozens of home maintenance needs.
We’re now pleased to offer skip bin hire in Bourkelands through our local Jim’s Skip Bins franchise. If you need a skip bin, call Jim’s on 131-546.
Are permits needed for skip bins in Bourkelands?
Not only do you not need one, you couldn’t get one if you did need it. Currently the local council (Wagga Wagga City Council) prohibits placement of skip bins on public land, as stated in their latest published policies as of May 2019.
This problem is not going to affect you if you can manage to arrange things so that the skip bin will fit entirely on your own private land. Be careful that no part of the skip bin is able to protrude beyond the fence line of your property.
As far as the council is concerned, the driveway between the road and the entrance to your property does not belong to you, so you can’t use any portion of it. You also can’t place a skip bin on your nature strip, or on the road or sidewalk in front of your home.
Getting ready for skip bin delivery
Make sure you’ve made enough space on your property for the skip bin to be dropped off. If you have a narrow driveway, it could make it more difficult to deliver and install the skip bin in Bourkelands. Try to clear as much space as you can, so it will be easy.
Don’t make the mistake of piling up all the things you want to throw away in advance if it will mean that this blocks the way for installing the bin. It’s a surprisingly common mistake, and causes a lot of delays that you could do without.
Using skip bins responsibly
Getting rid of unwanted items around the home can be a challenging task, but a skip bin makes it much more easy and convenient. It is important to know that there is some items you’re not legally allowed to just throw away, either in a skip bin or as part of your regular household waste collection service. Some of the prohibited items include:
- Did you know you can be fined up to $1 million for disposing of batteries in any way other than taking them to an authorised collection centre? The toxins in batteries, and other hazards the chemicals within can create, put these items squarely on the EPA watch list. Some people think this restriction only applies to large batteries such as car batteries, but actually it applies to any kind of batteries.
- Chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, bleach, sodium hydroxide, etc. Again you can face big fines at local, state and federal levels for improperly disposing of chemicals. They are potentially toxic, corrosive, or reactive.
- Explosives, firearms, and ammunition. State and federal laws place heavy restrictions on these items, and quite clearly they can’t be simply thrown away in the bin when you decide you don’t want them any more.
- Medical and biological waste. These items can only be removed by a licensed waste transporter (such as Jim’s), however there are strict rules regarding the way they should be prepared for that transport, and also this waste can’t be mixed in with any other kind of waste. You also can’t just use a regular skip bin for this. You need to use a bin that has been specially designated as a biowaste container.
- Flammable liquids and volatile solids. By nature, anything that is likely to catch fire or explode easily can’t be disposed of in a bin.
- Fluorescent tubes. Break a fluorescent tube, and deadly mercury vapour will be released. This stuff is really bad. The tubes can only legally be disposed of by taking them carefully to an authorised collection point.
If you need to dispose of things that are on the “prohibited list” described above, don’t worry. Jim’s is here to help. We can either help to arrange for the separate disposal of the items, or we can provide a referral to the relevant authorities for the type of item that you need to dispose of. Call us on 131-546 for more information.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Join our mailing list and find the latest offers from Jim’s group for all deals to destinations across the world.